Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or better line
(04-30-2018, 02:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: Neither was available in the 3rd round of this year's draft which my sentence was referencing.

You already concluded earlier that your confidence was in Westerman. This would mean that he beats these two out for the Guard job. The risk is that Westerman does not do well and then the Bengals fall back on one of the players you think he beats out. TJ a 7th rounder and Trey undrafted.

Yet you have no confidence in any of the 2018 third round offensive lineman as potential options.  Mellow

I have just as much faith in guys who have started in the NFL as I do 3rd round picks who have never played in the NFL.  Once a player makes it to the NFL it doesn't matter where he was drafted.  Trey was undrafted but he has started and played more than some guys who were taken in the third round.

They will provide just as much "competition" for the starting spots as any third round picks would have, and that is what you were talking about.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or bett... - fredtoast - 04-30-2018, 02:35 PM