Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, in North Dakota ...
(09-03-2015, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am very familiar with this case.  I used to work in Oak Ridge.  In her case i think the courts got it correct.  She vandalized a high security federal facility.  They indicted her on some big charge like treason, but she was basically convicted of a felony vandalism charge.  She go  t a three year sentence and then was released on appeal.

There was no dispute they committed a vadalism. The guys that were with her got bigger sentences, but I don't remember why.  I am pretty sure they were all released early.

So they were not sent to jail for their political beliefs.  They were sent to jail for damaging government property.  And they did create a breech in a high security defense facility when they cut through the fence.  You can't let that type of behavior go unpunished.

They were charged with sabotage. The fact that the government would attempt such a high charge is telling. I'm surprised they weren't charged with treason. Under the definitions I've listed above, these are political prisoners. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanwhile, in North Dakota ... - Devils Advocate - 09-03-2015, 12:27 PM