Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Up, Bengals Have To Cut Salary Cap
(04-30-2018, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No hurry to cut anyone.  They almost never get contract extensions done until right before or during training camp.

However if they already know who they are going to release they may let him go in order to give him a better chance to sign elsewhere.

Or they may not release any vets at all.  

Michael Johnson is the only one who would really save them enough money to let go.  But he saves them less than $5 million in cash and cost $1.125 in dead cap space.

LaFell would save them $4 million in cash but cost $1 million of dead cap space.  But I don't see them letting go of LaFell until we have seen the other young WRs in preseason.  We have a lot of good looking prospects at WR, but Ross, Malone, Core, and Erickson have not proven anything yet.

Even after dead money is deducted, cutting MJ would gain 3.875M, and Vincent Rey 2.75M.  If you put those together, it's 6.625M.  That could go a long way toward securing the extension of one of our stars, or even picking up a solid, proven veteran RT, as there are sure to be a few looking for new homes come the first wave of cuts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Up, Bengals Have To Cut Salary Cap - SunsetBengal - 04-30-2018, 05:21 PM