Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or better line
(04-30-2018, 05:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe you can call the Jacksonville Jaguars and ask if they would trade '14 third round pick OG Brandon Thomas for Johnson or Hopkins.

You might find their answer quite amazing.  Thomas never played a single NFL game, and despite being healthy enough to make practice squads he has not made an active NFL roster since 2014.

Once players are in the NFL no one cares where they were drafted, and third round picks are not guaranteed to be better than some of the players we already have on our roster.

3 time Pro Bowler Trai Turner was from the 2014 third round along with Brandon Thomas.

You have been the one limiting a player's potential by what round they are picked. I want high, mid and late picks used until this O-line is fixed. That would have been using just 3 picks this draft on o-line. We did high and late only.

You said that TJ Johnson and Trey Hopkins would "provide as much competition for the starting spots as any of the third round picks in 2018".

You made an all inclusive statement that none of the 2018 third rounders of Brandon Parker, Geron Christian, Martinas Rankin, Orlando Brown Jr, Joseph Noteboom, Chukwuma Okorafor, Alex Cappa or Mason Cole could provide more competition that TJ or Trey.

Why don't you work the phones and offer the Steelers TJ Johnson for Chukwuma Okorafor and then call the Ravens offering Trey Hopkins for Orlando Brown Jr ?

Be sure to bring up Brandon Thomas from the 2014 draft 3rd round and use your Gem of selective logic to seal the deal with the Steelers and Ravens for Okorafor and Brown Jr. Explain to them that neither Orkorafor or Brown Jr could out compete TJ and Trey. None of the 2018 third rounders could according to you.

Post a thread once they turn you down.

You could ultimately end up being right that TJ and Trey are as good or better than any 3rd round O-lineman taken in 2018. I would have simply used 1 pick on the chance and possible likelihood that one of those 3rd rounders can outperform TJ, Trey and possibly Westerman.

Infuse competition and assume the risk to improve a still unsettled position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or bett... - depthchart - 04-30-2018, 06:04 PM