Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or better line
(04-30-2018, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stop acting like we gave away our picks just because we did not use them on the players you wanted.  We never took our foot off the gas.  we used just as much gas as we always had.  we just used it on other positions.

EVERY POSITION NEEDS TALENT.  Every argument you made about the O-line could be made for the D-line and LB corps.

And most of all stop with this talk about how superior you are for not "settling for mediocre".  Guess what, Depthchart, it is actually possible to want to win just as much as you yet disagree with what the best course of action is.  Just because some one disagrees with you does not mean they are "settling  for mediocrity".  It just means they believe in a different way to get there.

I said earlier that it could turn out that Westerman plays well and Fisher plays well and all is fine. Also said I liked the players chosen in Hubbard, Jefferson and Walton.

I allow for that path to end up possibly working but simply raise concern that it may not.

The foot off the gas reference applies strictly to the O-line with the Glenn and Price moves occurring before the foot was taken off infusing more O-line talent.

This Front Office's recent past coupled with no mid round picks used in 2018 on offensive lineman leads me to believe that they will settle for Westerman and Fisher being serviceable.

They may end up being very good or just improve enough to being middle of the pack serviceable starters that a team can get by with using.

Questioning whether this Front Office would settle for serviceable versus investing in improving those positions beyond serviceable is a reasonable question given their recent O-line history. 

Superbowl caliber defensive lines can expose merely serviceable offensive lineman, hence my concern.

Hopefully the Bengals plan works out, Westerman and Fisher become very good starters and all is fine. I allow for that possibility. You seem to be the one dismissing the possibility that all is not fine.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/5 of our O-line still concerns me & could prevent us having a Top 10 or bett... - depthchart - 04-30-2018, 07:35 PM