Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoiur views on managment post draft?
(05-01-2018, 07:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am very happy with how this off season has gone.

That said, the offensive line is still a red flag to me.

I mean, Glenn - Boling - Price - Westerman/Redmond - Fisher is a decent starting line, but we're just one injury away from ***** Ogbuehi being on the field again and then the season is over again.

We really really could have used a good 3rd to 4th round tackle, like Crosby or perhaps Brown, who could just step in for a game or 2 (or longer) if necessary to stabilize after an injury.

Now we are essentially relying on no injuries anywhere on the line and no one underachieving at all (What if Glenn or Price struggles early?)

This feels like mismanagement of the Oline but maybe we sign a good veteran tackle after cuts in September, I don't know.

I know this was a weak OT class, but that doesn't change the weaknesses on your team and I worry that management is overlooking this problem and calling it solved with a single draft pick? Weird.

I guess we'll find out in September.

Signing a 3rd or 4th round tackle does nothing to stabilize the line if there is an injury.  They are not going to step in and be productive in their first year - just doesn't happen for mid to late round O lineman.  The Bengals appear to be in win mode now and will find some experience for depth in September.  I'd rather take a cast off with experience than a rookie for a few games on the O line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yoiur views on managment post draft? - Daddy-O - 05-01-2018, 08:32 AM