Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoiur views on managment post draft?
(05-01-2018, 08:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Signing a 3rd or 4th round tackle does nothing to stabilize the line if there is an injury.  They are not going to step in and be productive in their first year - just doesn't happen for mid to late round O lineman.  The Bengals appear to be in win mode now and will find some experience for depth in September.  I'd rather take a cast off with experience than a rookie for a few games on the O line.

That's not entirely true. There are 3rd/4th round tackles like Daryl Williams, T. J. Clemmings, Julién Davenport and Will Holden who started in their rookie years.

It wasn't necessarily a good thing that they did because most of them were due to injuries to the starter, but that's the exact scenario I'm talking about.

That's all I'd be looking for. Someone who can sub in and not embarrass themselves.

And, let's be honest, there's no way any rookie would be worse than putting Ogbuehi back in. That guy is the definition of embarrassment at offensive tackle. At least to this point in his career.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yoiur views on managment post draft? - CJD - 05-01-2018, 08:40 AM