Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Up, Bengals Have To Cut Salary Cap
(05-01-2018, 08:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: All the hate on MJ baffles me. Yes, he is not as good a rusher as he once was. But, he is still strong against the run (something the team struggles with), and he is still highly effective when moved inside. Sorry, I just do not see him going anywhere.... (actually, not sorry, I like MJ)

For some reason certain players get more hate than they deserve.  Robert Geathers, Kyle Cook, Domata Peko.

People even hated on Peko when he was consistently among the league leaders in tackles among interior linemen and Mike "God" Zimmer was saying he was among the best NTs he ever coached.  People claimed that Peko starting for us was proof that "Mike Brown did not care about winning" then when he becomes a free agent the Broncos not only sign him they pay him more than the Bengals were.

That being said MJ is not the player he once was.  I am hoping that one of the young guys can develop into a top level players and replace him, or that two different players take his snaps from inside and outside.  Unlike many people here I have not seen it yet. but I also know MJ is getting older instead of better, so it is possible his play may be declining from year to year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next Up, Bengals Have To Cut Salary Cap - fredtoast - 05-01-2018, 08:57 AM