Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoiur views on managment post draft?
(04-30-2018, 04:16 PM)bengals67 Wrote: What are your views on Bengal management post draft?

I have been down on them since the Steeler playoff loss in 2015 and the refusal to immediately fire Marvin.

Last year's inaction on o line caused a debacle that was easily predicted with Piano man as o line coach, Bodine at center and Og at left tackle.

So to me, 2016 and 2017 were predictable completely wasted years.

I think this year they made great moves getting the LT and LB from Buffalo and drafting the best players for need.

I think our roster is way better today than it was a year ago assuming Fisher can step up at RT and with Pollack as o-line coach.

So  but for the continuing retention of Marv I am back on board.

If we have another year like last year Marv needs to go.

He Should have been fired several times already .

Even  though he has a two year contract, from a fairness perspective his long term of service entitles him to a one year severance so firing him with a year to go on contract should be an acceptable option.

I do not see how they can sell him to season ticket holders and fans or even players for another year with a 7-9 record or less than that in 2018.

Very impressed, this is completely different then the way we usually do things.

The FO usually settles for mediocrity, they didn't this Offseason and followed up FA with a very solid Draft adding
players by need. Price, Bates, Hubbard and Jefferson were all needed here. Stud Center, ballhawk Safety, rotational
DE and SAM Linebacker were needed to be added in the Draft.

Getting Glenn a proven LT in the NFL and Preston Brown a tackling machine were great before this. Chris Baker has
shown some potential in the NFL too. I mean, we usually just get okay older players that are past their prime in FA.

Not this time. Impressed to say the least.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yoiur views on managment post draft? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-01-2018, 04:42 PM