Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoiur views on managment post draft?
(05-01-2018, 06:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean, but are they really?

Big Shakeup:
-Bengals had that in the '13-'14 offseason.

Free Agency:
-They signed one good player to a 1 year deal. They also added a crappy QB who might not make the roster, a crappy OT who might be one of the few OL worse than Ogbuehi, and a mediocre DT (who's last team hated him) who might not make the roster. That was their entire exterior FA this year as far as I can recall.

Filling Need Through Trade:
-Yup, this one is true. That said, it sure would be nice if they didn't run things so poorly by lowballing Whit (Whit's own words) and rolling with Ogbuehi, which went the way everyone could have predicted it would have. Whit to the Pro Bowl/1st Team All-Pro/Playoffs, Ogbuehi continuing to show he's one of the worst OL in the league. Glenn is good, but still not Whit good. So all they did here was partially make up for their mistake after wasting a season and still coming out behind talent-wise.

Draft:
-We'll see. We probably won't know how this will work out until the end of the '19 season, unless they either don't make the roster, or immediately turn out to be Ogbuehi-bad, or Green-good.

Most of this optimism is just the annual post-draft orange Kool-Aid that gets pumped through your veins rather than looking at reality. Lol... it happens every year like clockwork.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying......but axing Alexander was a HUGE move by Mike Brown standards.  With the Pollack hire, we've moved from a passive approach to an aggressive alpha type coaching the line.  Will it pay off?  Time will tell, but I think it will be a fruitful change.

FA?  Signing the NFL's leading tackler is WAY out of the Bengals' box....even if it is a one year deal.

Compared to most teams, yeah, it's kinda meager.  Compared to Bengals' past....these are pretty nice moves.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yoiur views on managment post draft? - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-01-2018, 06:59 PM