Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Reid filing collusion Grievence
(05-02-2018, 12:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This will kinda affect the bengals as we had him in for a visit so I'm sure the upper brass will be called in as to why he wasn't signed blah blah...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/02/eric-reid-files-collusion-grievance-against-nfl/

While  there is a loop hole that allows players the right to protest.  It is also up to the employeer ie other teams if they want to hire someone or not.  No one has a right to force a job to hire them I don't think.

If this needs moved to PR or some other section I understand.

We've done more for Reid then any other team did, we brought him in and didnt sign him for reasons unknown. Im sure the narrative is that we didnt sign him because of the stupid protest thing, but no one really knows that for sure. Maybe we just simply said were interested but not ready to offer a deal until after the draft. Something i wish these idiots would get is that owners have the right to sign anyone they want, its their team and money. If a owner is nervous that the backlash from signing a guy involved in these demonstrations will have some kind of negative effect on their fan base then they are perfectly in their right not signing said player. Its as easy as this, there's a consequence for every choice we make, guys like Kaepernick and Reid made a choice to inject politics into football, a place where many people go to escape all the political crap thats in our faces everyday, and this is their consequence.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Reid filing collusion Grievence - yellowxdiscipline - 05-02-2018, 12:34 PM