Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michelle wolf, Sarah huckabee, and the WHCD
(05-02-2018, 01:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Isn’t the purpose of the whcd to give our journalism scholarships and help young journalists?  

If so then how does making fun of Sarah sanders looks dovetail with that mission?  

I have never seen the point of the White House attending.  It’s been used as some way to allow wh media to seem glamorous.  By attending or paying attention you just prop these people up.  

Same reasoning on why we do not need on camera briefings.  Media can’t control themselves in most cases.  

As for the comedian....  her level of funny is up to the individual.  I am. More of a Jim Gaffigan guy myself.

It is/was also a celebration/demonstration of the relationship between the free press and government--a country in which the free press is loyal opposition and, at the end of the day, those who speak truth to power sit down with power and both sides poke good natured fun at one another as citizens of the same country, which all would like to see prosper.

Trump stopped coming because that is not his vision of the free press.  
That is prime take away from the last two whcd's, not what one comedian did one time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michelle wolf, Sarah huckabee, and the WHCD - Dill - 05-02-2018, 02:39 PM