Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Things Marvin Says Thread
(04-29-2018, 10:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "Limp Wristed"?

Really?

Here we are with the same 7th grade playgound commentary that has not produced any logical discussion in the last decade and a half.  Why can't we act like adults around here.

I'll wait...

What does this have to do with disagreeing with the OP?  Which, BTW.....this wasn't a thread about arguing....it was a tongue in cheek satirical post about some of Merv's lesser quips....but I digress.

(04-29-2018, 10:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is an idea.  Why not start a thread about the dumbest myth fans keep repeating here.  This quote is a perfwct example.  Fans keep insisting that marvin said "We don't make second half adjustments" instead of what he actually said.

Except no one says that.....they mention "journalistic jargon".....which reading between the lines suggests he doesn't believe in them.  Here is an idea, quit calling people dumb. :andy:

(04-29-2018, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What is mystifying is that you do not remember all the times the haters swore we would stink and never make the playoiffs and then we did.

The haters have been proven wrong many times.  Funny how they refuse to acknowledge that.
What's this have to do with the OP?

(04-30-2018, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.)But that does not mean everything he says is stupid.

2.)And that is the problem.  It should be possible for people to disagree on what is stupid and what is not without someone busting in with all this "Mediocre Marv Militia" stuff.  Especially when that is the ONLY point they make in the entire thread.

3.)There should be a rule that if you are making a post in a thread you should discuss a specific post or point in that thread.  That would keep people from posting just to agitate and insult instead of adding information to the conversation.

1.)More hyperbole.....not one person has said everything he says is dumb.  Not one.

2.)I made more points, they got deleted.

3.)I guess you forgot that rule with your first post.

(05-03-2018, 09:43 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Sticking with the OL theme, here's Marvin Lewis in the 2017 off season.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/27/14750858/marvin-lewis-says-bengals-offensive-line-not-concern

It's like everyone knew the OL was a problem except the team itself.

Yeah.....this one has got to be the lamest of the lame.  I get you don't want to throw folks under the bus.....but he HAD to know it was a major concern.  There were better ways to convey the message that there was indeed some concern, while not singling anyone out.  "Yes, we need to make some major improvements over last year, but we feel we can coach up the unit, and have the people we want here."  Or, you could go all Jim Mora and put them on blast. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid Things Marvin Says Thread - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-03-2018, 10:40 AM