Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys need spaces to themselves
(05-03-2018, 01:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This part, I don't agree with. While it's true, that some guys will see a girl as just "a girl", I know for a fact that many times when a girls is "just one of the guys", she's not thought of as 'not one of the guys' by the guys. Her gender is just what makes her unique in her group (often not the only thing, too), just like Rudy's red hair, or Phil's fatness, or whatever.

With that said, I agree that in certain situations (not all and not as many as the article makes it seem), guys need their own space just like girls need their own space.

When a girl is in the group and you are doing a boy activity, something like playing basketball. Boys will purposely take it easy and not play hard against the girl because they don’t want to be made fun of for dominating a girl. This does boys no favors and quite frankly not the girls either. Learning your limits is important and exacty the life lessons every should learn.

When I was a child I played in a CYO co-ed basketball league and I grabbed a rebound raised the ball up and jacked a girl in the nose and gave her a pretty serious injury. Her father came onto the floor and yelled at me, I felt bad for hurting her, and this forced me to tone it down. That was the wrong move, my father told me that I needed to play like I would play with any other boy, it’s the other parents choice to allow their daughter to play with the boys. The bad part was that girl never played any sports again, her father apologized to me years later, but the girl was discouraged from playing sports because she was forced to play co-ed.

I am not stupid enough to allow my daughters to compete directly with boys in athletics. One does equestrian and the other is into judo. Judo is sometimes with boys at practice but never competing or practicing against one another.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boys need spaces to themselves - StLucieBengal - 05-03-2018, 01:20 PM