Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys need spaces to themselves
(05-03-2018, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When a girl is in the group and you are doing a boy activity, something like playing basketball.  
Playing basketball is not a "boy activity". Sure, boys might be more inclined to play sports, but that doesn't make it a "boy activity" anymore than cooking is strictly a 'girl activity'.
(05-03-2018, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When a girl is in the group and you are doing a boy activity, something like playing basketball.   Boys will purposely take it easy and not play hard against the girl because they don’t want to be made fun of for dominating a girl.  
Again, that's not been my experience. If anything boys don't want to lose to "a girl" and will make sure they win no matter what. But, it's been my experience, even dating back to when I was a child, that if a girl had skills, she was more than welcome.
(05-03-2018, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This does boys no favors and quite frankly not the girls either.    Learning your limits is important and exacty the life lessons every should learn.     
Yes, but learning that ANYONE can play basketball and should be allowed to play basketball even if they're different is more important than 'learning their limits'. And that's not even addressing the fact, that allowing girls to play can still help boys learn their limits.
(05-03-2018, 01:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When I was a child I played in a CYO co-ed basketball league and I grabbed a rebound raised the ball up and jacked a girl in the nose and gave her a pretty serious injury.    Her father came onto the floor and yelled at me, I felt bad for hurting her, and this forced me to tone it down.    That was the wrong move, my father told me that I needed to play like I would play with any other boy, it’s the other parents choice to allow their daughter to play with the boys.   The bad part was that girl never played any sports again,  her father apologized to me years later, but the girl was discouraged from playing sports because she was forced to play co-ed.   
If you want to argue that girls and boys should not play organized sports together, that's a separate argument. I would agree that I think they should be separate in contact sports, but not for the reasons you have stated.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boys need spaces to themselves - PhilHos - 05-03-2018, 03:59 PM