Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-26-2018, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, the QB's job is NOT to score points but rather just make quality throws?  Whatever This should be the point where I stop talking to you, but I'm bored so ...

No, it's NOT. The only reason for the difference in the rating is because of the TD! A 50 yard pass thrown at the 1 gets the exact same QB rating as a 50 yard pass thrown at the 5, the 10, the 20, the 30, the 40 etc.

Except they weren't equally effective! How are you not getting this? A 50 yard pass that doesn't end in a TD is not the same as a 50 yard TD pass. It doesn't matter if the 50 yard pass leads to a 1 yard TD. There have been many times a defense has prevented an offense from scoring from the 1 yard line. Ergo, if the pass ends in a TD, it's worth more and SHOULD be worth more.
It doesn't matter the likelihood. The fact is it gives the defense a chance to stop it. Not to mention that if the RB runs it in for a TD, why should the QB get credit for that?
Yes, because launching 50 yard passes are sooooooooooooooo easy. All you see game in and game out are 50 yard passes. Rolleyes

I get the feeling this was supposed to be a response to someone else so I'm going to give you a break and not respond to it.

I said "objective". These are all subjective.
What does how easy to complete a deep throw have to do with anything. Who cares how easy it is or it isn't. What does that even have to do with anything. What an utter nonsensical comment.

The point is simple , two throws same distance 50 yards. One is thrown in front of the other by a yard so it gets a 40 point rating boost. How can you not see that. One in one hundred times a team will not score from the one yard line with a fresh set of downs.
Now have these two plays happen 100 times.

Throw A  158 qb rating produces 7 points each time

Throw B 118 rating produces 6.9 points each time

The difference in points scored is 0.1 points yet the rating difference is 40 points!!!! How can you not see something so blatantly obvious is beyond me.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 05-03-2018, 04:39 PM