Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-26-2018, 08:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea what the average "penalty per snap" is for CBs.  You just made up a number out of thin air.

Also it does not matter becuase penalties are already counted as "failures" with stats like "Success rate".

And finally Dres ranking would not drop that much because most of the other top corners also hade more penalties than average.

You have to be kidding to think that the average corner got more than 5 penalties. The more likely average is 3 penalties. Even guys like Sherman and Talib only got 7 or 8 penalties.  

It says it only includes pass interference by the ball. What if the pass interference happened when it was not by the ball and gave the other team a fresh set of downs.

For example a couple years ago we were playing the Patriots. It was the second half of the game and we were leading. They were 3rd and 20 from deep in there side of the field. Kirkpatrick was hand jostling with the defender at around the 7 yard line and a pass interference was called away from the ball. It wouldn't have counted towards the success rate yet it wiped out 3rd and 20! The patriots proceeded to score on that drive and the route was on. We lost that game because of that crucial penalty.

Ill bet a a lot more interference penalties Kirkpatrick got were away from the ball than by the ball. The critical thing about a pass interference is that it gives the other team a fresh set of downs. It wipes out situations like this where we have the patriots pinned deep, have them right where we want them, and a critical 5 yard pass interference away from the ball wipes out the downs and gives them another chance to put up points.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 05-03-2018, 05:08 PM