Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(05-03-2018, 04:26 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You're the one who doesn't understand subjective or objective. 

What're you, 5? Rolleyes

(05-03-2018, 04:26 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: When the qb rating is constructed it put a weight on the td, that is subjective,  not objective. That weight is based on what some human thinks should be the weight. You are the one who doesn't understand the difference between objective and subjective.  Any time a human comes up with something like a weight on something then that is the definition of subjective. 

First off, no. 

The QB forumla counts completions per attempt, yards per attempt, TDs per attempt and INTs per attempt. Each of those has a separate calculation which are then compiled into a larger formula. Each calculation can only have a maximum value of 2.375. The TD portion can only have a maximum value of 2.375. The yards per attempt portion can only have a maximum value of 2.375. Ergo, no, the QB rating formula does NOT put a weight on TDs or on ANY of the other elements of the formula.

(05-03-2018, 04:26 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You don't understand it because your comprehension skills are low. Its very simple to understand.  I'll dumb it down for you to understand. If a team has 8 drives per game and launches a deep ball every time they get to midfield, they would connect on exactly 1 out of 8 for a td. 16 /2 is 8, in case you haven't taken elementary school math. 

The other completion would be not for a td so I gave it a field goal. That means 17 points in two games or 8.5 a game.

This shows that it is not effective to launch a deep ball from midfield with that low of a connection rate and it will produce very few points using that strategy. So it is very ineffective at producing points when it still got a 106 rating. So no it does not measure effectiveness.

The reason I didn't understand has nothing to do with my comprehension skills. It's because your scenario makes no sense. Show me 1 game in all of NFL history where 1 of the teams launched a deep ball every time they got to midfield. You can't so your scenario is a nonsensical one and has no bearing on the discussion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - PhilHos - 05-03-2018, 05:29 PM