Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(05-03-2018, 05:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The point IS simple, but I'm not the one missing it. 2 throws, same distance. 1 results in a TD, 1 doesn't. The one that scores points is more effective because it led directly to a score, ergo, it's "worth" more.

Why you can't grasp that simple point is beyond me.

EDIT: even more mind-numbing is why you think they should be worth the same.
I just showed a scenario that if each play were run  100 times the difference in points produced is very small yet the qb rating difference is very large.  

I didn't say they should be worth the same. The qb rating difference should be to show how effective the two differ in producing points. In this scenario since they produce only 0.1 points difference in 100 drives they should differ by maybe 1 point in rating not 40 points.

Are you actually saying that a deep throw that sets up the ball at the one shouldn't be counted as being instrumental in a team scoring the td. 100% of the drive that allowed the td to be scored would have been because of that deep throw.

Just because the ball was run in from the one doesn't mean they scored because some running back made a spectacular run from the one yard line. It was scored because of the deep throw setting them up at the one yard line!!!

How you cannot grasp that is unbelievable.  Just go away and troll someone else. I cannot explain it any more clearly. If you cannot grasp the concept then go take logic classes.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 05-03-2018, 07:00 PM