Poll: Should the Bengals have traded up past DET to get Ragnow?
Yes!
No, Price is fine and the extra pick(s) not worth giving up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Ragnow was really the target at 21...
(05-03-2018, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They could have been. We won't really ever know for sure.

Definitely could be. I just didn't see RB to be anywhere close to a need before Rd 5 at the earliest. Sometimes it helps not to have too crowded of a stable and there are still some decent vets that one would think would sign for pretty cheap given they are still available in FA in case a big injury to Mixon/Gio did occur.

DET has Ragnow listed at C on their site roster page. The other C is Wesley Johnson. I too would have gone Wynn or Hernandez if the desire really was for G, but I think they wanted a better C than Wesley Johnson. Ragnow gives them that versatility for C and OG just in case, as you said.

True, Price could have been the target all along. However, I think Ragnow was rated higher. The Bengals don't really do well with smokescreens and show their hand easily. Nearly everyone expected them to go Ragnow if he had been there.

My reasoning for trading up a couple spots would have been because I do think Ragnow offers better pass protection than Price while still should be very good in the run game, has longer reach to keep DL at bay, and is already recovered from his injury whereas Price still has that (slight) uncertainty of being ready for TC. Because of those reasons, Ragnow was more like 10 picks higher on my board personally.

Det is moving Glasgow to C and Ragnow to G. Wait Glasgow, Ragnow...What Now! Maybe they have a Linemen named Andthen. No Andthen. Sorry too many beers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Ragnow was really the target at 21... - TKUHL - 05-03-2018, 07:49 PM