Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel we "settled" for Price?
(05-01-2018, 04:13 PM)yang Wrote: Okay, I will concede that out of the top 50 or so notable mock drafts a couple had Price going in the first.  I'm not even disputing he is a good player.  It was obvious it filled a need and the Bengals liked him.   We drafted him at the very top end of his range.   There were simply better players available if you were going for best player.  Right after us the Patriots took Wynn who will likely be a perennial all-pro lineman and they didn't need a lineman.  

If Ross doesn't pan out we will probably rue not taking Moore or Ridley here.

Hayden Hurst is a fantastic prospect for when Eifert leaves or gets hurt again.

R Evans is going to be a fantastic linebacker and it's a huge need.  Burfict is a play away from being hurt or banned for life.  Penny is on a 1 year deal.  Vigil and Evans were abysmal last year (ask PFF)    Adding him and Jefferson would have been amazing.  

It's not like we were forced to pick Price.  There were other options.   I get it.  But we reached to fill a need.  I don't even know why that is controversial to say.

We get it, you wanted someone else.  However, the Bengals got a terrific prospect at a position of dire need.  Taking Price was hardly a reach.  Taking Ogbuehi back in '15, or even John Ross last year, was the colossal reach.  

To the bolded statements.  Why contradict yourself inside the same post?  Either the Bengals took a player that was deserving of the selection, or they didn't.  I'm going with the former.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you feel we "settled" for Price? - SunsetBengal - 05-03-2018, 08:14 PM