Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED WAVE? Poll Shows Republicans Could Pick Up 9 Senate Seats
(05-03-2018, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think if Nov 2016 showed us one thing it's how stupid folks can look that put a lot of stock in polls.

I do think the GOP will maintain a majority, but I do not see a huge shift/

To be fair, Morning Consult has some pretty good polling methodology. That being said, what we take away from the data is always somewhat subjective and viewed through the lens of whoever is interpreting it.

As to this report specifically, I read through it earlier today. The impression I get is an overall anti-incumbent vibe. A lot of the results are well within a margin of error for these polls and so it's really too close to call for them. Also, we all know how for a long time these polls have shown people being unhappy with Congress and then people turn around and elect the same people into office. So I don't expect to see much change. The largest impact will be in the races with no incumbents running. That is my guess as to where the difference makers will be coming from.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: RED WAVE? Poll Shows Republicans Could Pick Up 9 Senate Seats - Belsnickel - 05-03-2018, 08:48 PM