Poll: Should the Bengals have traded up past DET to get Ragnow?
Yes!
No, Price is fine and the extra pick(s) not worth giving up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Ragnow was really the target at 21...
(05-03-2018, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Am I the only one who liked Price better? I read that he was the #1 Center prior to the injury, and the injury will not stop him from suiting up week one. The scouting report says he's "nastier" than Ragnow and also the better run blocker. He won the Rimington award, not Ragnow. He started 55 straight games, which shows durability.

From everything I've read, Price sounds like the better Center...especially if we're planning to be a dominant run team.

Even if you don't agree, it's clear that they were 1A/1B as the top Centers this year. I just preferred Price. I want a dominant run game for the first time since Dillon.

This is all understandable, i still like Ragnow better than Price cause he is healthy right now and was a mulitiple
year starter in the SEC unlike Price who only played Center last season.

More upside for Price though, i truly believe and you are right Price is the more nasty run blocker.

(05-03-2018, 03:16 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I like the Price pick.  it was obvious the Bengals needed help at Center. but I just watched tape on Ragnow damn hes good. never allowed a sack or pressure.   damn hes a stud.  for such a big guy he can really move

Yeah, Ragnow is good at everything and was the best pass blocking Center in the Draft.

(05-03-2018, 04:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm seeing some people not following the purpose of the thread, as they are saying they think Price is better than Ragnow so they are glad the Bengals didn't go after Ragnow.
However, that was not the question...
This was not really meant to be a debate of Ragnow vs Price but rather should the Bengals change their drafting philosophy of "We'll take whoever is available at our pick!" vs "Let's trade up to ensure we get our guy!"

Well in this case i don't think the Bengals thought Ragnow was going to go before their pick but if he did Price
would be there and is just as good. Still vote no in this instance.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Ragnow was really the target at 21... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-04-2018, 01:11 PM