Poll: Should the Bengals have traded up past DET to get Ragnow?
Yes!
No, Price is fine and the extra pick(s) not worth giving up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Ragnow was really the target at 21...
(05-03-2018, 04:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm seeing some people not following the purpose of the thread, as they are saying they think Price is better than Ragnow so they are glad the Bengals didn't go after Ragnow.
However, that was not the question...
This was not really meant to be a debate of Ragnow vs Price but rather should the Bengals change their drafting philosophy of "We'll take whoever is available at our pick!" vs "Let's trade up to ensure we get our guy!"

Yeah but answering Ragnow vs Price also (partly) answers your question. I valued the guy we got over the guy ahead of us, so why trade up (in this instance)?

In general though, I'm all for trading up for "your guy", provided he's a perfect fit and far better than the alternatives. That said, if there isn't much gap between the players you're looking at, why sacrifice draft picks? In this particular scenario, I think the Bengals made the right choice standing pat. That said, there has been times where I wished they would've moved up or not traded back. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Ragnow was really the target at 21... - Shake n Blake - 05-04-2018, 01:20 PM