Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys need spaces to themselves
(05-04-2018, 12:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I mentioned how the Explorers, and now Venturing, has been co-ed for decades. The fact that that program has existed for this time frame without major scandals about its co-ed status points to the idea that the BSA has a pretty good grasp on how to handle the situation even if it were more mixed than the current plans show it will be. I can't sit here and say that there haven't been some shenanigans in the woods during these events, and that isn't because I just don't know of any, I could tell some stories. But I can tell you that these things would have happened at home, as well. And truth be told, the constant presence of adult leaders not far off and even other youth that are (for the most part) very upstanding folks means that it's probably a better environment if there were going to be anything like that happening.

But I know that the prudishness of our society does not care to entertain the idea that we are sexual beings and we like to pretend that abstinence only education works. So entertaining these thoughts will not win some people over.

Abstinence does work.

Yes things happen at home as well, but that is up to the parents to police, there shouldn’t be the risk of their daughter coming home knocked up because of your shenanigans. Not to mention we already have a problem with some cultures of boys who attack women and treat them as animals.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boys need spaces to themselves - StLucieBengal - 05-04-2018, 01:41 PM