Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio on Pollack (with commentary)
(04-30-2018, 11:03 PM)Shady Wrote: “Seeing Frank in the meeting room, you knew once he stepped up there it was a change,” Bernard said. Completely opposite ends of the spectrum with Paul. “That’s not a good thing (it sure as hell IS a good thing) or a bad thing, it’s just a different feel. You can understand that they want to change the mentality of the offensive line as well as the running backs." How could that NOT be a good thing?

“He’s just the opposite of Paul,” Thank GOD!!!!! Bernard said. “A little bit more vocal. I’m not saying that Paul was never vocal. (Pollack) is just a more in-your-face kind of guy. Whether that’s a good thing or bad thing, it doesn’t really matter. It’s just a different type of feel.”

The Nati just got nastier, and I don't think it's just with Pollack. Teryl Austin strikes me as being more in the mold of Mike Zimmer. More on this when I finish my full eval of the draft, UDFAs, and the off-season in general.

WHO DEY!!

[Image: 65963074.jpg]

(04-30-2018, 11:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Does he think by repeatedly say “it’s not a good thing or a bad thing”, everybody’s not going to know what he really means? We know.

Lol it was pretty obvious he threw that in for PC reasons. He knew how it'd sound.

(05-01-2018, 01:35 AM)treee Wrote: I think it varies. The more the coach oversees, the more reserved I think they should be. Absolutely no problem with a position coach (especially an Oline coach) getting pissed off.

I love it. I feel like complacency is cancer to success. When you have so many coaches and players getting comfy for 5-10-20 years, they get complacent. A new guy with an in-you-face attitude is sure to keep guys focused and motivated. Not to mention the entirely new scheme Lazor is implementing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gio on Pollack (with commentary) - Shake n Blake - 05-04-2018, 06:40 PM