Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Memorable Sporting Event...
(05-22-2015, 07:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Cool idea.....

My first one has got to be Jimmy Breech's gamewinning FG against Washington in OT late in the 1988 season.  It was my first NFL game.  The Jungle was absolutely rockin'.  Welcome to the Jungle was a new release, Ickey was doin the shuffle on the sidelines, and the Bengals were headed to the big show.....my what a day.....and a cold day at that, our hot chocolate was cold by the time we got back to our seats.  One I'll never forget.

Speaking of firsts, my first Reds game was in 1985, and I got to watch them take on Fernando Valenzuela.  I also saw a very young Eric Davis steal 2nd, then 3rd, and then score on a wild pitch.  Man, what speed!l

Man I jumped to conclusions here. I was at that Bengals game too. The win established home field advantage. What a game.

The conclusion I jumped to, before I finished reading the sentence about Eric Davis.... I was at a Reds game around '85. They were playing the mets. Davis stole 3rd ( can't remember if he stole 2nd ). Ray Knight was playing 3rd for the mets. Davis slid in and upon finishing his slide came up and bumped Knight a bit. A huge Brawl ensued. That game went into extra innings because Dave Parker used to flip his glove while making a catch, well this time it cost him because he dropped the damn ball. Which was ok with me because I was a mets fan at the time because I liked Gary Carter. Anyway I thought you were gonna say you were there too.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Most Memorable Sporting Event... - Ryuko - 05-22-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: Most Memorable Sporting Event... - Devils Advocate - 05-22-2015, 10:38 PM