Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behind the Parkland shooter Rampage, Obama's School-Leniency Policy
(05-07-2018, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When I was growing up the police were never called for fights at school.

And despite any school policy the victim of an assault can still call the police.  In fact one of the stories mentions the Ekblad case from St. Paul where the student plead to a felony assault.

So I don't really know if the worst thing Cruz did at school rose to the level where the police should be called.  Sounds like Lucie wants the nanny state to step in every time to boys are "just being boys" and get into a tussle on the playground.

Finally, the school policy has nothing to do with all the times the police were called to his home or the times friends and relatives made complaints to the police.

Fights never got the police called for me either. But these days if you call someone ***** you get the police called and expelled for sensitivity nonsense.

I still believe if we just got rid of the no tolerance policies for fighting there would be less escalation. Also there would be less anonymous bullying, they would just do it to their face for more impact and wouldn’t have to be expelled. They would just get detention of Saturday school.

He brought bullets to school I believe, that should be a police call under their no tolerance policy, at the very least he should have been charged with that which would have limited his options

Messages In This Thread
RE: Behind the Parkland shooter Rampage, Obama's School-Leniency Policy - StLucieBengal - 05-07-2018, 03:15 PM