Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What "crisis" on Mexican border?
(05-08-2018, 12:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ummm, our taxes have been lowered, immigration laws enforced, economy up, about to see the end of the Korean War, there is no Russia thing, and our rep is just fine....leading peace in Korea will do that for you.

These are policies. Sure liberals are against those and "suffer" like you folks suffered under Obama. I talked things outside of that.

Since you mentioned them. If there's peace on the Korean peninsula, I will give Trump credit for that. I don't want to be opposed to anything just for the sake of being opposed. But there's such a long way to go there, and right now I see the Koreas as driving force towards peace, not so much Trump. He does get some credit, but as of now I can't see how it can be that much credit still. We'll have to wait and see. That's even what Trump hinself says in one of the rare moments he acts reasonable. You actually give him more credit than Trump himself does, something I thought to be impossible :)

Also, no expert on taxation, but these tax cuts are one of the most bizarre things for me. Not just for the way it was done, although I couldn't imagine laws being made that way, with last-minute scribblings on the side and whatnot, but aside from that. Trump cut taxes for corporations and the super rich, and then gave some tiny crumbs to everyone else. And if it wasn't clear before, he made those cuts non-permanent. And drove the deficit up in new heights, which before the election was the very reason to call Obama's US in turmoil and a disaster. And yet you're wiling to celebrate because some corporations give some additional crumbs to people, and Paul Ryan celebrates an additional 1,50 Dollars per week for one secretary :) Also, the timing of the cuts defies every economic logic, you don't incentivize in good economic times. If the next recession comes, you'll have no wiggle room for stimulus packages any longer.
The economy itself was inherited. Obama laid the ground work for that, love him or hate him, but the development started through his term and he actually defied a major financial crisis. You can't credit Trump for the economy without crediting Obama too.

As for Russia, there certainly is a thing. They meddled in your election, hacked into the power grid, obviously (unsuccessfully) attempted to hack voting machines, there are I don't know around 30 indictments, there's Manafort and Flynn as undeclared foreign agents and campaign aids, there's an investigation that, no matter what Nunes said, had some merits aside from the Steele dossier, which btw. is not "debunked". I once made a huge list of shady Russian deaings, meetings etc., if you still refute to acknowledge the point I will go look for it :) - In the end, you can say Trump is innocent (whatever makes you so sure about that), but yóu can't seriously claim there's "nothing".

(05-08-2018, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see we are starting to get off track again.  

I apologize.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What "crisis" on Mexican border? - hollodero - 05-08-2018, 12:54 PM