Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What "crisis" on Mexican border?
(05-08-2018, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see we are starting to get off track again.  

Let me ask all of you fans of the wall why you think Trump is talking so much about a "crisis" on the border at the same time that illegal border crossings are at an all time low?  Especially since illegal border crossings only account for about a third of all illegal immigrants in the US.

What is your explanation for that?

Fear and threats sell.  Just think how much easier it would be to sell a man a car if you could convince him first that if he didn't buy said car that his wife and daughter would be raped!  Much like infomercials, politicians create symptoms and then sell themselves to you as the cure.  Illegal immigrants are dangerous and invading, and now that I've convinced you of that you need me, the guy who will save you from that thing you didn't know was a threat until I told you about it.  Pretty convenient, eh?

That's what infomercials do.  They convince you that making a pancake is a giant pain in the ass and you can't do it right before giving you their solution to that pancake problem you just realized you have!  Thanks a lot, Pancake Plus!  Er, I mean, President!

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered those nefarious links you click that take you to a page that says "YOU HAVE 9854958 VIRUSES ON YOUR COMPUTER, CLICK HERE TO FIX THEM NOW!!!!" Classic. Threaten and provide solution to initial threat. That's some good marketing. Trust me, you have a problem. Trust me, I can fix it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What "crisis" on Mexican border? - Nately120 - 05-08-2018, 01:01 PM