Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me Too Champion showed it was him too
(05-10-2018, 11:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think Benton said just that when he said a party could decide to change.

That's not how I read it. What I see is Benton saying that being in the relationship is itself consent to the acts and that there has to be discussion to take that consent away, which is not how consent works.

(05-10-2018, 11:12 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I dig you, Benton.  That being said this post displays a huge amount of ignorance regarding domestic abuse.  Many women stay with men who physically, sexually or mentally abuse them.  The mere fact that they stay does not demonstrate consent to their abuse.  The reasons for staying are many and varied, but absolutely none of them imply consent to their abuse.

Yeah, I didn't get into this, but I was thinking the same thing.

This is just in general, not to either of these posts, but this is something I have had seriously in depth discussions about. I'm not claiming expertise, just that I have a lot of these discussions as someone that adjudicates sexual misconduct claims on our campus. Consent is huge, and so twice a year we have a discussion around consent and how to define it. I know some will see this as some academic liberal elitist bullshit, but it's something we need to talk about as a society overall.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Me Too Champion showed it was him too - Belsnickel - 05-10-2018, 11:46 AM