Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on CHIP
(05-10-2018, 10:26 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have been fortunate to never have to rely on government assistance. I have lots of family and friends, though, that have. I know the impact it makes on people and how necessary these programs actually are. Getting involved more in the local community and seeing how these programs are actually needed by people and understanding more about them is what moved me to the left. My wife would like to take the credit, but really it was learning more about the functions of our government and its failings.

Most people don't understand these programs, even the people that rely on them. They don't know how they work, how they're funded, the requirements, or the results. This is because these everyday programs are run by bureaucrats that don't seek praise and don't play politics. They do their jobs to help the public. Unfortunately, this low-key approach is why people are ignorant to these policies and why they don't realize how much of a blow to our people their cuts will be.

I'm a super cynic, but sometimes it seems like the neo-cons have romanticized death and destruction.  I've long since given up on expecting them to not love bombing the hell out of foreign countries, but gleefully cutting programs for needy, applauding the destruction of our air, land, and water, getting excited about the concept of harsh penalties for criminals, and thinking positively about shooting people who invade their homes and/or dying themselves as they shoot at the government when they come to take their guns, and so on.

Again, I may be going overboard here but damn.  Sorry for the side-rant, back to business,.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump calls on Congress to pull back $15 billion in spending, including on CHIP - Nately120 - 05-10-2018, 11:59 AM