Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoor Practice Facility/Weight Room/Rehab Possibility?
(05-11-2018, 03:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We trained all the time in different elements. If you train in the cold your body acclimates to it faster than say in hot weather. For me I'd prefer the mountains of Afganistan to the deserts of Iraq anytime of the year. Its 60 and I sweat like a pig....I know pigs don't sweat but just saying...

I get what you are saying Wedge, have to be able to handle the hot weather as well as a player.

(05-11-2018, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I used to live in Boulder Co, and I knew a few elite athletes who trained there.  If they trained too hard when the air was too cold they would get bronchitis.  Something about mucus production in cold dry air.

The body also uses a ton of energy just to keep warm.  So no matter what you do in the cold you will get exhausted more quickly.

So players have to be exposed to the cold enough to acclimate to it, but they try to do all of their work outside it will just wear them down quicker.

Can get worse than bronchitis.

If you run too long in 20 below weather you can get ice crystals in your lungs and they explode.

Have to be able to handle either is really the point most of all are trying to get to i think.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indoor Practice Facility/Weight Room/Rehab Possibility? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-11-2018, 04:33 PM