Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But Hillary made a speech for wall street
(05-11-2018, 09:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah sure it was a mistake, but there certainly was never any speculation on AT&T's part that the purpose of Cohen's hiring could be anything else than access to Trump.
Guess Cohen just oversold that too. Also, I figure the biggest "mistake" was not the hiring, but that it came out.

That being said, sadly I can't read the article without suscribing, and that I won't do.

Yes, they were certainly looking for access, not "expertise."  So they weren't fooled in that respect.

But there was still a tremendous misjudgment, in that Cohen could not deliver. Not even close.  Why would Trump let Cohen, or anyone, make hundreds of thousands of dollars on his brand without a taste?

They were played. And somebody lost his job over it.

Here is a bit:

Some in Washington expressed sympathy for Bob Quinn who was ousted Friday as AT&T’s senior executive vice president of external and legislative affairs. Stephenson said in his email that Quinn was retiring.

Under AT&T’s rules, Quinn had significant leeway to approve the Cohen contract because its $600,000 price tag did not trigger oversight from more senior executives, according to a person familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal company practices.

But Quinn appeared to recognize that the Cohen deal was a mistake, according to another person who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely discuss Quinn’s situation.

“People should recognize that he [Quinn] came to recognize it was a misjudgment — witness the fact last year that he terminated the contract, got out of it as fast as he could, and that’s a point that’s not being written right now as people pile on,” the person said. “But that’s factually accurate and it ought to carry more weight in this situation.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: But Hillary made a speech for wall street - Dill - 05-11-2018, 10:05 PM