Poll: Should the Bengals have traded up past DET to get Ragnow?
Yes!
No, Price is fine and the extra pick(s) not worth giving up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Ragnow was really the target at 21...
(05-12-2018, 04:06 PM)yang Wrote: The best thing I see about Price is that we should be able to resign him if he pans out in 5 years.  Ragnow would have had to let go because of salary like Zeitler.    I mean, obviously we won't know how all this pans out for years, but the specific question of moving up ahead of Detroit to get him given all our picks was a no brainer.   They obviously didn't think Detroit would pull the trigger.  But to say these guys were the same is just false.  Price is a great prospect buy Ragnow was much better.    When he was gone we should have traded back or moved up in the 2nd to get him or Daniels.   I think they were caught off guard and over-reacted/ panicked.   I hope he is all world.   The 55 games played is usually a negative as it's a ton of wear and tear. 

This makes no sense.  Neither one of them will be playing Guard here, and I think Cleveland severely overpaid Zeitler.  The Bengals made the right move in letting Zeitler go, but they made the wrong move in letting Whit go when it was obvious that neither Ced nor Fisher were ready to take his spot.  

Ragnow was not "much better", either, or he would have won the Rimington Award.  As far as wear and tear goes, that usually applies to running backs, not offensive linemen.  On the offensive line, like QB, the added experience is a plus, not a minus.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Ragnow was really the target at 21... - SHRacerX - 05-13-2018, 07:59 AM