Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump
(05-14-2018, 03:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, they really don't.  Trump is not a traditional POTUS, he's going to say ridiculous crap.  This is not new, he's been doing it for years, did it during the campaign and will continue to do it.  Very few people approve of it, but not pulling our hair out every time it happens appears to be evidence of tacit approval by some.  Constant consternation over something that won't change seems like a waste of energy and emotion to me.

I agree with this sentiment as a non-supporter. I disagree with Trump on a lot. There are things Trump says or does that I will comment on regarding how they are harmful to policy efforts, domestic or foreign. I'm just not going so get outraged at everything he says. There is a reason I don't follow his personal social media account (I think I follow @POTUS, though). I don't hang onto everything he says or does because not all of it is a big deal. He is, IMHO, garbage. He is going to talk and act like garbage.

I know some people will say that the concern is a desensitization to his behavior, which I think is a valid point. We don't (or shouldn't) want his behavior to become the norm. But he acts the way he does because it gets him the attention he craves. If we keep giving him that attention, that will embolden other attention seeking blowhards to act similarly.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump - Belsnickel - 05-14-2018, 04:03 PM