Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump
(05-14-2018, 04:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: See I see it as both.

Every lie just reinforces to his supporters that he is right and everyone else is "fake news".

Anyone who can be educated should be educated.

Maybe no one will acknowledge it...maybe they will.

As was said, Trump is "not a traditional POTUS" and he may need handled in not a traditional way.

So I agree that everyone should be educated, and I agree that he may need handled in a less traditional way. This is why we need to rethink our approach to combating his message.We need to understand that what we have been doing may not be working the way we like to think it is. We need to examine other avenues to get our points across. There are going to be people that will never change their minds, but that's not who we need to be talking to. The people we need to be talking to, we're approaching it wrong. At least, I hope we're just approaching it wrong. 
[url=https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/why-facts-dont-change-our-minds][/url]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump - Belsnickel - 05-14-2018, 04:47 PM