Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump
(05-14-2018, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I were to guess I'd say the last lie misconception Obama shared with the American Public was less than 5 years ago. WTS. Trump was not running against Obama (at least not legally); he was running against Hills. Now you don't have to answer, but ask yourself: would you or others be equally condemning of her lies. Remember this is a woman that had to run from sniper fire upon landing in Bosnia and knew nothing about the DNC's attempts to sway the nomination her way.

No doubt Mother Teresa is more honest than Trump, but to make an omelette sometimes you have to break a few eggs. 

Oh I'll answer, don't you worry about that. I'll do so in a sec, I need a preamble though.
First. I didn't mean to be snarky. That whole "lieing" debate just goes to the very core of what scares the shit out of me about Trump.
Which isn't any domestic stuff or something minor. Build a wall, untax your rich, what would I care. It's also not about agenda, nothing to do with that, I choose the decent rightwinger over the stupid leftist any time.

It's that. People admit it, openly, by going after Obama or Hillary in defense of Trump, without seeing a problem. Truth mattered under Obama. Truth doesn't matter under Trump. So Obama lieing is a breach of an important principle. Trump is the abandonment of that principle. Nothing left to breach. And somehow people come around to be just fine with that. Untruths are no longer unpopular, that principle is gone. I can start there, and the ending of that thought is grim.

That's the omelette.

---
So, to answer your question: You're talking with the wrong guy here. I'm totally not fine with Hillary lieing about sniper fire (albeit thinking it's not super-important and one lie doesn't equal out 2.000). And I would have hoped that every lie of hers would be deeply unpopular and would not resonate well with the public. In the same sense, I'm glad guys didn't let Obama get away with his remarks, because of course. That's the whole point I'm making. 
I sure hoped she'd win, of course, but that had little to do with support and everything to do with her opponent. Because she might have been her own kind of awful, but Trump is outright scary. She might have lied about lots of stuff, sure, and if justified all power to FOX in these instances then. I'm afraid of lies no longer being unpopular, not hoping for a lie-free world. Everybody lies, but amount still matters too.

(I however do not care much about her swaying the DNC, in all honesty. And in all honesty, neither do you. That's not lieing, that's just internally playing the game of thrones, and they all do that.)

(Oh PS I chose "misconception" because I'm not totally sure it was an intentional lie. Doesn't mean he should have gotten no blowback.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump - hollodero - 05-14-2018, 11:46 PM