Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump
(05-15-2018, 12:08 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If CNN, Kimmel, MSNBC, Trevor Noah, John Oliver, SNL, Twitter, Seth Meyers, etc. etc. etc. would stop reporting their outrage on how many diet cokes the guy has others might be inclined to talk about him. Heels are just quietly getting dug in, even more so than before the election. The “oh yeah? We’ll show you.” crowd is just a flame getting fanned.

You mentioned four comedians and a comedy show...plus twitter which is not a news agency.  All of which have made fun of the quirks of every sitting president was as long as I can remember.

But I get that the rubes will refuse to admit they made a mistake.  If they could be open to such thoughts they wouldn't have fallen for the snakeoil Trump was selling before they voted.  

And I have no problem making fun of that...or mentioning that they do NOT defend his lies or mistakes.  They just ignore them.

It's like the old joke about nothing being more awkward than reaching that moment in the argument when you have been loudly defending your side and realize you are wrong...but you keep arguing anyway.

As an aside, things like how many diet cokes and his weight get joked about because HE has placed such an emphasis on OTHER people's appearances.  Over and over.  So he gets a shot back across the bow from time to time.  That's the "stupid shit" Matt mentioned earlier.  That's fluff.  

The other 98% of the things talked about are actual lies that either lead to or are used to defend his policy decisions and actions.

Throw in that he makes decisions based on what he saw on television that morning and we have a real problem that goes beyond late night comedians.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump - GMDino - 05-15-2018, 06:55 AM