Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border
(05-15-2018, 09:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: And I agree beyond the people shot for throwing rocks my biggest problem is that Trump moving the embassy and all that went with it they have effectively tipped the situation to where I can not see any kind of agreements/peace/negotiation.

(05-15-2018, 09:40 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, this is the sentiment from just about the entire Palestinian side. The U.S. moving the embassy to Jerusalem, calling it the capital of Israel, and saying it is in Israel, all point to the U.S. not being a fair arbiter of any peace process in the region. They already had the feeling of it with the close relationship Israel and the U.S. have shared over the decades, but this move has drawn a lot of ire. According to the NYT reporter in Gaza I was listening to, he was saying the rhetoric during the protests was almost exclusively against the U.S. Not even anti-Israeli, just anti-U.S. That is not a good sign moving forward.

1. They were and have been at a stalemate for years. At some point there needed to be someone to come in and make a move to change it up and spur on some peace

2. The side led by terrorists.

3. Let them hate us. It’s not like they were ever going to love us. Maybe now they are work for a one state solution and be part of that.

Everyone knows how I feel about the “Palestinians”. I just do not see how we can take them seriously when they choose leaders like Hamas and Abbas. Nor should we take them seriously when they act like a bunch of out of control animals.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border - StLucieBengal - 05-15-2018, 10:02 AM