Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee shop refuses to serve man caught on tape confronting Muslim woman
(05-15-2018, 02:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I meant not from across the room, too. I meant HER response should be LIKE the guy who yelled from across the room. She should have gotten in his face and called him an effing racist.

True, he's technically not being racist since "Muslim" is not a race, but she shouldn't have to worry about semantics in that situation.

I'd say the last thing a person should do in that situation is meet his fear/aggression with aggressive acts of your own.  This guy supposedly believes Muslims are dangerous, so getting in his face would give him "just cause" to actually attack the woman, or something.  

I'm different than most people from what I can tell, but I've been in situations where people feel inclined to attempt to start things with me and I just let them say what they want to say and move on.  Meeting their aggression instantly validates their attack in the first place and gives them an excuse to "defend themselves" from you.

The most I would have said as a bystander in this situation would have been a smart-ass quip asking if that guy is really afraid of that Muslim woman. I'm not scared of her. Maybe I'm just super brave, or something. I'll distract her and you run away and piss your pants in fear, quick, go!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coffee shop refuses to serve man caught on tape confronting Muslim woman - Nately120 - 05-15-2018, 02:26 PM