Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee shop refuses to serve man caught on tape confronting Muslim woman
(05-15-2018, 02:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd say the last thing a person should do in that situation is meet his fear/aggression with aggressive acts of your own.  This guy supposedly believes Muslims are dangerous, so getting in his face would give him "just cause" to actually attack the woman, or something.  

I'm different than most people from what I can tell, but I've been in situations where people feel inclined to attempt to start things with me and I just let them say what they want to say and move on.  Meeting their aggression instantly validates their attack in the first place and gives them an excuse to "defend themselves" from you.

I disagree if we're talking verbal altercations. Yes, you don't want to necessarily meet physical violence with physical violence (unless necessary), but I see no reason to not let someone respond to a strong opinion with an equally or stronger one. Sure, maybe you might want to consider if someone could respond to your response with physical violence, but sometimes certain things need to be said.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coffee shop refuses to serve man caught on tape confronting Muslim woman - PhilHos - 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM