Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border
(05-15-2018, 07:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've heard that Israeli sources have said that around 24 of the 55 (or was it 58) killed were militants. It's too difficult to say for sure when you had over 14,000 protesters out there yesterday. I'm sure some had weapons. The reporters from NPR and the NYT that I heard talking about it described some groups hurling pipe bombs and some flying kite bombs which were intended to burn Israeli crops.

Most of the protesters were just trying to breach the perimeter, which is a multi-layer fence and ditch system. The ones they were talking to really didn't have any plans beyond that. All they know is this city, they have never been allowed outside of it. Their knowledge of Israel consists solely of the IDF forces that are planted on the other side of the fences. The symbolic gesture of breaching the perimeter was what they wanted but no one gets close to doing so. Even approaching the first layer gets you wounded. Getting up to it gets you a shot to the head. Weapon or not.

There were a lot of peaceful protestors out there. Probably 500 or so morons. Also it’s nice to see walls work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border - StLucieBengal - 05-15-2018, 07:45 PM