Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump
(05-16-2018, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And I gave you an answer: equally.

I know you did. I'm saying you are wrong.

(05-16-2018, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But you go with what you deem is the correct one and assert that a dynamic never intended to be used is more relevant than one that is. You can also further assert that she received her votes because the population that voted with her did so solely because they agreed with her stance on policy.

It's not what I deem correct. It is the logically sound conclusion.

(05-16-2018, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You are the one that introduced this irrelevant conclusion and it doesn't require extensive knowledge in emotional intelligence to understand. 

Actually, I'm not. Lucie introduced using the presidential election as a measurement of public opinion. He contested that because Trump won running against the policies I discussed, that proved the public did not want them. I was countering his claim that because the popular vote, which has a stronger correlation to public opinion than the EC, did not go to Trump, his claim was not sound.

(05-16-2018, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was in reply to assertion that the Popular votes in a Presidential Election indicates which policies are wanted more.

Seems one party controlling every branch of government would count for something. 

That was not my assertion. My assertion is that the popular vote has a stronger correlation to popular opinion than the winner via the EC. That is a fact.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump - Belsnickel - 05-16-2018, 06:40 PM