Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump
(05-16-2018, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have pointed out numerous times how your conclusion is irrelevant and falls into a common fallacy.

I am sorry.  I must have missed this.

All I have seen you repeat over and over again is that the electoral college controls who gets elected president.  We all agree with you on that.

But what is this "common fallacy" you speak of.  How is a popular vote not more indicative of public opinion that the electoral college?

The electoral college is flawed because it gives much more weight to votes from one district than it does to votes in another district.  We all agree that Trump won the electoral college vote.  But Lucie was wrong to claim that public opinion was accurately measured by the electoral college results.

Popular vote may not be 100% accurate in determining "public opinion" but the corellation is much higher than the electoral vote because of the "weighted" system that it uses to award delgates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump - fredtoast - 05-17-2018, 09:12 AM