Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border
(05-17-2018, 11:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: I took the word of a person that Lucy cited also.  I believe he is a journalist.

A journalist with unfettered access or a journalist brought to a cite after the events occurred?

Quote:But if I went to a protest and my family supported it, yes, they would be there.  I suppose they should have known that the Israelis would open fire though as that is their goto for any protest.  However the tear gas was not be dropped near the border.

You didn't answer the question.  Would you take your family to a protest you knew was going to be violent.  Hamas planned violence, this was well known.  Would you take your family to such an event?

Quote:Oh.  Were you serious when you asked that like 100 times?  And you still remember it?  Cool.

I would only have needed to ask it once if you'd sacked up and answered it.

Quote:You took my statement completely out of context.  I referenced the "do as the officer says and no one gets hurt" crowd.  

Ohhh, a rather unclear point at the time, and one you failed to actually explain in the thread.

Quote:I consider myself...me.  I don't claim to know the truth about anyone else on this board unless I interact within outside of the board. I post things I am interested in discussing or I think will make for good back and forths on the board.  If people agree that's good.  If people disagree we're going to have a back and forth to find out why.  As you are WELL aware I will admit when I am wrong.  

Popularity is not my goal.  Nor is being a "crusader".  It's a politics and religion sub section on a sports board.  It's fun to discuss and even argue occasionally.  I just don't take it personally. I consider it fortunate to even HAVE a place to post such things and discuss such things.  It's a good way to get input from a cross-section of America (and beyond) with different opinions and people with different backgrounds and sources.  No one is going to save the world here.  Very few people have minds changed here.  But the intellectual exchanges make the occasional foray into personal attacks and offtopic rants more than worth it.

In short...it's fun.   Smirk

Cool.  I largely agree.  Now, if you could only take out the disingenuous parts of your posting habits we'd probably be doing very well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-17-2018, 11:43 AM