Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump
(05-17-2018, 05:46 AM)hollodero Wrote: But it doesn't fall into that common fallacy. He uses a simple fact - 3 million more people voted for candidate A then candidate B - and concluded that in its entirety, the policies of candidate A were more popular than the policies of candidate B at that point, the margin being 3 million people. I do not see any fallacy in that rather logical conclusion.

He didn't use it to say Trump is an illegitimate president or that the loss isn't a loss or anything of that sort. Which, yeah, would be embarrassing.

The fallacy is taking a result from a practice, in which, that result it moot. I've given a couple examples on how folks knowing how the EC works can sway the popular vote.

I'll ask you the same question: What would the popular vote have been if the Candidates had campaigned and Americans voted knowing that Popular vote is how we elect POTUS?

If yours or anyone else's answer to that is "I don't know". Then you have just confirmed the irrelevant conclusion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Korea threatens to withdraw from summit with Trump - bfine32 - 05-17-2018, 03:41 PM