Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man's right to bigotry violated

Man Threatens Spanish-Speaking Workers: ‘My Next Call Will Be to ICE’

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/nyregion/man-threatens-spanish-language-video.html

The video shows a middle-aged, athletic-looking white man berating both customers and a manager at a cavernous fast-casual restaurant called Fresh Kitchen. “Your staff is speaking Spanish to customers when they should be speaking English,” he says. “It’s America.” He adds: “I will be following up, and my guess is they’re not documented. So my next call is to ICE to have each one of them kicked out of my country.”

He said that he was paying for their “welfare.”

‘Disgusted’ Officials File Complaint Against Man in Anti-Immigrant Rant

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/nyregion/anti-immigrant-rant-manhattan.html?action=click&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=New%20York

Representative Adriano Espaillat, a New York Democrat who was born in the Dominican Republic, said on Thursday that he had filed a grievance with the court system against a man, believed to be a lawyer, who spewed a racist rant at Spanish-speaking workers in a Manhattan lunch spot.

The grievance named the man as Aaron Schlossberg, a lawyer in Midtown Manhattan, said Candace Person, a spokeswoman for Mr. Espaillat. Ms. Person said the name is based on social media and “credible reports.” Mr. Schlossberg, 42, did not return a phone call left at his office, she said.

Ruben Diaz Jr., the Democratic Bronx borough president, joined Mr. Espaillat’s complaint.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Man's right to bigotry violated - Dill - 05-18-2018, 01:12 AM
RE: Man's right to bigotry violated - Dill - 05-18-2018, 05:18 PM
RE: Man's right to bigotry violated - Dill - 05-18-2018, 05:15 PM
RE: Man's right to bigotry violated - Dill - 05-18-2018, 09:06 PM