Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border
(05-18-2018, 09:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think one of the things that frustrates me in discussions around Gaza and Hamas is when people don't really understand the authoritarian ways of Hamas. Since they have taken power, they haven't allowed for elections to take place. They shot a young man in the kneecaps in the center of town for making an anti-Hamas post on social media. They terrorize the people of Gaza as much or more than they do Israel based on what I am given to understand from people who have spent time there.

It is one of the things that many don't seem to understand. The Palestinians in Gaza are essentially caged in with one dangerous group and on the other side is another dangerous group. They are in a rock and hard place scenario and the world has all but abandoned them.

All excellent, and true, points.  I would add that Hamas is motivated by both reclamation of land and virulent antisemitism.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Violence at Israeli-Gazan Border - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-18-2018, 09:25 PM