Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your biggest issue with the Trump administration
Oh man, this is tough because I have two that are pretty much a tie. Most of my issues with our current government aren't just White House issues; it takes Congress to pass legislation and Trump is just there to sign his name to that stuff.

My biggest issue is the lack of competent leadership in many of the agencies of our government. I had to make that a little broad because this is a combination of vacant positions (which is because of no one being nominated, not because of holdups in Congress) and people in roles that aren't qualified and/or don't understand how the agency functions. There are a lot of things I disagree with policy-wise when it comes to the administration, but the base function of the Executive is to carry out the laws passed by Congress. When the administrative body is handicapped because of ineffective leadership then the Executive is not doing its job as it should.

My very close second are the ethics concerns.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your biggest issue with the Trump administration - Belsnickel - 05-22-2018, 08:43 AM